Friday, August 20, 2010

Stickers and Mom Stuff.

I feel like this pregnancy is flying by. It's probably because I have Klaeyton around to keep me plenty busy and I can't complain. I really don't care for being pregnant. Some women apparently love it. Me? Not so much. At least, not with this little acrobat. When I carried Klaeyton, it was easy. My morning sickness was minimal, I didn't really get uncomfortable until the very end, and I could take all the time I wanted to myself to soak in the bath tub or snuggle up in front of the tv. This time? Hah. The sickness was so bad I was put on medication and was pretty much confined to the couch for at least a month. My face has broken out worse than it ever has in my life and now even at almost 6 months, I'm already super uncomfortable and having trouble sleeping. But no worries, I get my exercise chasing Klaeyton around ;) I shouldn't complain though. I can't even express my excitement about having a second child. Klaeyton's going to be a big brother and a big part of my anticipation is seeing them together. 


On that note. Bring on the fall. I didn't think I would ever say this and maybe it's all the pregnancy hormones speaking but I'm tired of summer. I'm ready for jeans, hoodies and flip flops. I'm ready for the days when I can keep my windows open and not run my ac or my heat and just throw on an extra blanket at night. I'm ready for changing leaves, cool breezes and pumpkin patches. I think this summer has just been a tad too hot for me. I'm ready. Now I know once we get that 8ft of snow in November I'll be complaining, but right now I'm ok with it :)


I can hardly believe K will be two in less than two months. He's becoming so independent. And he's so smart. His new thing is stickers. Oh how he loves stickers. And it keeps him occupied for awhile. I think I have found my new distraction for the grocery store and when we go out to eat. 


Klaeyton pointing at his sticker shoe :)




He's obsessed with cars. Both the movie and the matchbox kind. I think maybe he has gotten over his balloon phase because now he insists on taking his "dump car" to bed with him. Yeah, he won't say truck, he calls everything a car, complete with Boston accent. 


I'm still working on the house. I need more motivation to make it upstairs. I'm such a procrastinator I'll probably do it right before the baby arrives. I might just wait till it gets cooler so that I don't have to worry about hauling one of the ac units up there. 


So I'm completely addicted to Dexter. I finally broke down and started watching it after everyone kept telling me how awesome it is and now I'm totally hooked. It's such a weird show, but I can't help but get sucked it. Thank goodness for netflix. I love it!


I think I might bake something today. Granted it doesn't cause my kitchen to heat up to 400 degrees :)


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!