Anywho. So I decided that this "getting back into my routine" post will be a list, but hopefully a good list :)
1. I am 38 weeks and 1 day today and am hoping that at my midwife appointment tomorrow they're going to tell me I'm almost there. I remember with Klaeyton I was ok with waiting. Because I was relishing my time with Matt. After all, I wanted to spend as much time with just him as I could. I knew that married life would change drastically once a baby arrived. This time around? Umm...yeah being pregnant just isn't working for me. It's inconvenient. I want her to be here so I can establish my new routine. But I am trying to snuggle with Klaeyton more and more, even though he sometimes wants nothing to do with me :)
2. Which brings me to my next list item. This age with Klaeyton is a blast. Yes it is extremely exhausting and very trying on both my nerves and my body right now but it's just so much fun. His speech is really developing and he tries to repeat everything he hears, so naturally we've been a little more careful about what we say and what we watch.
3. Klaeyton wants to be just like Daddy all the time. Sometimes it's helpful because we can manipulate that to get him to do things he doesn't really want to like putting his socks or his jacket on. Other times, it's just cute to see him mimic Matt...
"Daddy's Juice" and Gatorade :)
4. We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. We decided to cook for the first time. Matt was in charge of the turkey breast (we didn't buy a whole turkey because we don't like dark meat) and the stuffing. I did the mashed potatoes and homemade cranberry sauce. We also had green beans and crescent rolls, which I burned the bottoms of : / but overall everything turned out great. I'm excited to do it every year now.
5. One of the many reasons I love my husband:
He doesn't care what he looks like in public. Especially that he's ok with wearing three different types of plaid.
6. I actually made a plan and went out on Black Friday this year. Ummm....I could probably write a book about it, but I'll just paraphrase here. We decided to go to Walmart because I wanted to get Klaeyton a power wheels jeep and they had them for only $88. I should have known it was a too good to be true kind of deal. Oh don't get me wrong, I definitely got one, but I almost got trampled in the process, not to mention I think the whole experience traumatized my poor sister. Let's just say it made me sad for humanity. I couldn't believe how savage and ridiculous people acted over toys! There are people starving all around the world, who fight to just live every day and here in America, we trample pregnant women and knock teenage girls in the heads with boxes just for toys. Definitely pathetic. I think I'll re-strategize for next year.
7. I really need to get to bed. The last couple days all I've wanted to do is sleep and tomorrow I have a pretty busy day so I'm going to sleep while I can. Especially since I haven't been sleeping well at night anyhow. So goodnight all, and I promise...I'm really going to try to get back into posting.
Oh the joys of being a busy mom :)