Monday, April 19, 2010

Klaeyton's Going to be a Big Brother!

I've had trouble finding my creative muse lately. It could be due to the fact that I'm so tired I can barely get my normal activities accomplished. Things have been going well. Very well in fact. I think sometimes I worry more when things are good. It's like I'm waiting for something bad to happen. I guess I'll work on that. 


We recently found out that Klaeyton is going to be a big brother! How exciting! So I told Matt that I wanted to buy him a baby doll. Of course he looks at me like I'm crazy but I insisted. So I bought him a little baby doll wearing a pink outfit. Of course it was pink. Which, by the way, I think is ridiculous. The mere fact that I couldn't find a boy doll or even one wearing something other than pink or purple shows how early gender stereotyping begins. Anywho, to get off my tangent, I got him this doll and he calls it "bay-bee" and it's just so stinking cute. I have began to show him that you rock the baby and you give the baby kisses. It melts my heart to see him stand there, clutching his doll and swaying his body back and forth. 


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!