Friday, May 28, 2010

The Zoo

In a literal sense summer isn't quite here. Schools aren't all out, the pools aren't open and we haven't gotten through the oh so popular Memorial Day weekend. But for us it has already arrived :) I broke out my flip flops and Mcdonalds sweet tea cravings a long time ago, softball has started, we filled up Klaeyton's pool, we've definitely used our air conditioner more than once, and yep I've already gotten a touch of sun burn.  And we can already tell it's going to be a great summer. 


Yesterday I took K to the zoo for the first time. Not only did we go with some fantabulous people, we had an awesome time. Yes, it was very hot and sticky and Klaeyton did a lot of whining in the beginning due to the fact that I confined him to the stroller in order to avoid chasing him into the lion's den, but after I let it go and let him walk some in the 85 degree weather, he realized how much nicer he had it riding in a stroller.  






The most classic moment, however was in the primate building where we approached the baboons and K yelled, "BUTT!!" at the top of his lungs. It was one of those moments I really wish I could have gotten on film. 


All in all it was a great experience and I think it warrants another trip on a different day. 


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom <3 


**spoiler... we're cutting K's hair today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!