Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dry Spell

Of course I'm sure I could come up with all sorts of excuses for why I haven't blogged in awhile. Let's see... there's the fact that I'm pregnant and I've spent the majority of the last month camped out on my couch due to utter exhaustion and extreme nausea. Oh and the idea that being a mom a second time around is actually more tiring than being a first time mommy. At least with a first pregnancy you can sleep and rest when you need to, not when your toddler decides he isn't going to bang you in the head with his toy horse yelling "Yee-Haw!" So needless to say my small amount of energy has been spent on making sure K is fed and at least somewhat clean. 


So up until about two days ago, it was a complete struggle to do laundry, wash dishes and just keep the house somewhat clean. Not to mention our yard looked like the amazon. And all this...after I quit Red Lobster, which is another story in its entirety. Anyhow, after my lovely midwife prescribed me some anti-nausea medicine, I have woken up and actually been able to drink a cup of coffee without dry heaving and throwing up the previous days stomach contents :) woot woot go me! I'm about eleven weeks so hopefully the 2nd trimester is washing over me a little early :)


Klaeyton's last day of daycare for the summer is tomorrow. We decided to pull him out for these warm summer months and then re-enroll him in the fall when I plan to start subbing around here. 


I can't even express how excited I am about summer time. Warm weather, pools, the beach, sweet tea, softball and Old Navy flip flops. We are so ready! Matt and I worked on the yard yesterday and are planning to work on it some more today. You know, we're trying to get rid of that whole jungle look. 


Klaeyton is growing so fast. It really is true what they say, when they're this little, the time flies by quicker than you could ever imagine. Which is yet another reason I want to be at home as much as possible. He will never be this little ever again and I don't want to miss it. 
He's so funny. I could be having the worst day ever and just watching him for a moment makes it all melt away. And watching him grow is nothing short of a miracle. He's so intelligent and even sneaky sometimes. Jasey is truly his best friend. He knows her name is Jasey but he just calls her dog. Watching the two of them together is fascinating. I couldn't ask for anything better. 


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!