Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Beginning of Something New

Good Morning. I've already been working on this blog for a total of two minutes and this is all I have written. Why? Because I currently have an almost 18 month-old clawing at the sleeve of my robe because he wants to sit in my lap and bang on the keyboard of the macbook. But even yet, he still isn't happy. I think that if toddler tantrums weren't so funny sometimes, life would be a lot harder on all of us. I've read all about these tantrums; how to diffuse them, prevent them and to ultimately live through them but so far nothing stated that asking Klaeyton to give me a bite of his "gook" would bring a huge smile to his face and immediately shut down the raging caveman behind his cute little snotty nose. Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom. 


I really have no idea what inspired me to begin this blog. But maybe it's my lack of direction lately. I think putting some things on paper (or the internet :) might make me feel a little less lost. The truth is I love being a mom more than anything but I know that if I was with Klaeyton 24 hours a day 7 days a week I would go absolutely bonkers, therefore I feel the need to have a "side job" next to being a mommy. The problem? I have little to no clue what that should be. I am currently serving at Red Lobster, which is ok for the time being, but I can't see myself there 5 years from now. So I am hoping that sharing my struggle to find the other quarter of me will make the journey less excruciating. 


Another hard lesson for Klaeyton this morning: putting the bowl in my hands and signing please does not guarantee more raisins after he fed the last bowl to Jasey. So instead of a tantrum he storms off, throws his bowl in the trash and mopes into the living room to watch more Shrek. Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!