Thursday, March 25, 2010

Klaeyton and Grammy

I was able to spend some much needed time with my mom yesterday. It was just a bad day all around. I called her when I picked Klaeyton up and she said she would be at our house in forty-five minutes. When I got home I went through my oh so usual routine of straightening up, putting K in some comfy clothes, getting him yet another snack and something to drink and settling into the lazy boy for a few to catch up on the words with friends game that I am surely addicted to. 


Klaeyton is standing in front of the tv intently watching Shrek for the billionth time when Grammy gently knocks at the door, I yell "Come In" and she pushes the door open ready to tackle Klaeyton with the infamous Grammy hugs.  Klaeyton books it to my leg and sticks there, clawing at my shirt for me to pick him up. 


Klaeyton loves Grammy, but you see he thinks I'm going to leave him so he's determined to not let me go all while enjoying the spoils of Grammy being over. He succeeded for most of the time, however once he knew I wasn't going anywhere he eased up a bit. He showed Grammy his balloon, gave her hugs, showed her how he laughs at Jasey for no apparent reason other than that she looks funny to him and the best part....he made Grammy smile on a day when the prospect of smiling was very very bleak. Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!