Monday, May 2, 2011

The Light of Christ-Update!

I won't lie. I'm awfully tired of reading facebook statuses regarding Osama and Obama. But I did happen to come across one that I think perfectly summed up my feelings on the matter:


"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate:… only love can do that." -- Unknown

My light...is the love of Jesus Christ. 

Everyone has an opinion. I'm not trying to push mine on anyone.  And personally, I believe that one of the greatest things about America is that we have the freedom to express those opinions. And our troops deserve more credit than they receive because without them those freedoms would be a lot harder to come by.  

I just wanted to share. 

Oh the joy of being an American mom :)


It has come to my attention that the above quote is not in fact from Martin Luther King Jr. I'm not sure who it is from, but I read that it was fabricated specifically for this situation. Since I don't really care who said it...I still want to keep it posted because I find it holds truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!