Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cars and Words

You'd think with all this time on my hands I'd be writing all the time. But the truth is, I hardly ever think about what I'm going to write until I'm already writing it. And lately I've been in this funky mood (mostly just during the week) because we haven't been as busy as usual and I find myself struggling with finding things to do (that aren't work or house related, there's plenty of that to go around). With Matt's work schedule and only having one car it can make things difficult sometimes. 


Cars have become Klaeyton's new obsession. Yesterday we spent a half an hour digging everything out of his toy box so that we could sort through and find all his cars. I'm trying to teach him to keep them in a separate shoe box now so that we don't have to do a daily search. Every time we leave the house now, K has a at least one hand clutching a car. And the way he says "car" is hilarious. He has the thickest Boston accent when he says it. Who knows where that came from?


He's always wanting to put his own shoes on. They end up on the wrong feet most of the time but sometimes I can convince him to switch them. I know wearing your shoes on the wrong feet can't be all that comfortable. 


His vocabulary is growing daily. This morning when I put Jasey outside he pointed and said, "Dog Poop" like he knew exactly why she was going outside. Sometimes he just repeats what we say, like when we were leaving today I said "Ready, set, go" and the next thing I know he's saying "set (which comes out a little explicit), go!" a thousand times in a row. Not only is he talking more, but he repeats himself oh about 80,000 times unless you can manage to change the subject to something else he's interested in. For the past two weeks or so he keeps reminding me that Poppy is Bu-bye, out of nowhere. Sometimes I wish I could peek in that little brain of his. 


Matt has a blast getting Klaeyton to repeat what he says, from Bosstones to Ewww, he'll do it all. Well...almost. Matt and I have noticed that we can get K to say just about anything except I love you. When I try, he just stares at me. It's fascinating. We'll keep working on it. 


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!