Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pros and Cons

I definitely know this blog will be all over the place, especially since it's been over a week since I've been able to do it. First off, we received terrible news about the MacBook. It's kaput. They found liquid damage which completely voids our warranty and would cost us 750 big ones to fix. So that officially stinks. So now, we made the dreaded switch back to Windows until we can get a big lump sum to buy a new Mac. Oh how I miss it. Windows just isn't my thing. It's a huge pain in the rear. But we'll manage. As long as I'm able to work (since most of what I do involves a computer), and Matt is able to get his school work done (which is all on computer) it'll be fine :)


Klaeyton is spending today and tomorrow with Grammy on a road trip to West Virginia to see extended family. It's a well needed break for the both of us. I forgot how tiresome it is to be at home with him all the time. Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't trade it for the world. But there are definitely pros and cons.


For instance, I love waking up to him giggling and laughing, running first thing into the pantry to get fruit snacks. But I loathe the days when he wakes up mid tantrum and screams for the first thirty minutes because he's still tired. I love meal times when we sit and eat together and carry on conversations that no one else could comprehend. I dread the fight when he wants to eat a whole jar of pickles and I cut him off after 4. I love when he sits in my lap and we read books and talk about dogs and balloons and his new favorite obsession, cars and trucks. However, it can ride my nerves when he insists on playing by himself and gets frustrated because something isn't going exactly his way and he whines and whines. But I love that last hour of awake time when we snuggle on the couch and watch a movie or Rugrats and he just lets me love on him. Bed times are getting easier but staying there is still a trial sometimes. But I know I just need to firm up and not give in to those wails in the middle of the night. The last few months I've seen this baby turn into a toddler with his own personality and as it makes me sad to see, I can't express the joy in knowing that he's growing because of Matt and I. It's a feeling only a parent can understand. He's going to be such a great big brother. 


Speaking of big brother, tomorrow is the day we find out if K will have a baby brother or a baby sister. I'm so very excited to find out. Partially because then I'll feel like I can really start preparing. I'm sure there will be a blog posted shortly after so stay tuned :)


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!