Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Basketball In My Shirt

So Matt and I had plans to go out with friends last night, you know for some well deserved adult time. Well...the last few days my pregnancy hormones have been a little out of whack and I've been secretly crying over how none of my clothes fit well and how when I wear my regular shirts I just feel fat. I def don't feel cute and pregnant. I don't remember having this much trouble when I was carrying Klaeyton. Probably because one, I didn't get big until close to the very end, and two, we had just moved here, had no close friends and I really didn't care what I looked like out in public. Why this time around is so much different, I'm not entirely sure, although I do have an inkling. But anyway, I decided to go on a mission to get a couple new things yesterday. A mission that well...just read on. 


I tried Walmart, Target and even Old Navy before realizing that I was going to have to break down and actually buy Maternity clothes in order to feel comfortable and look cute. So I dove into Motherhood Maternity. The great part, I found out I'm actually wearing a size small instead of the medium I was originally thinking. I found some things I really liked. However, the price paid for them...not so much.  On the way home I was thinking about returning a couple things, when I realized they only do in store credit and no cash refunds. So what did I do? I cried and thankfully I have a hubby who is both understanding and thoughtful. He returned from Target with a beautiful new centerpiece for my table and told me not to feel guilty. How did I get so lucky?


The moral of my story... one of the unfortunate side effects of being pregnant is having to spend a little more on clothes (unless you get lucky and find a sale or are lucky enough to inherit a whole new wardrobe, neither of which I was), anyway you spend a little more but you don't feel so awkward when out on the town with friends and instead of a fruity umbrella in your drink, you're sporting a basketball up your shirt.  :)


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember that part when I was pregnant with Harry. I was curled into a ball on the bed just sobbing and JR called my mom to comfort me. She asked what's wrong and I yelled, "I look like a man!"

    I think she's still laughing about it.

    ReplyDelete

Share with me!