Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Could Use A Visit From The Motivation Fairy

I started this post some days ago, but haven't had the concentration to sit down and finish it:


I've acquired a new obsession the last couple of days. I've found this blog http://moneysavingmom.com/ and I absolutely LOVE it! It has led to to me scouring some other blogs and stuff. I found some awesome coupons this week and when I went shopping yesterday I got some awesome deals. I didn't even spend that much time planning, but I figure as much time as I spend doing other stuff, I should take a little extra time to save us some money. It's not like we're millionaires or anything ;)


That's as far as I got. I'll elaborate some more :) I followed up this week with some more deal scouring. I didn't have any coupons that were of immediate use to me, but did shop at two different stores in order to stay within our grocery budget for the week and I have to say I did fantastic! I'm determined to start budgeting better so that we can start putting more into savings. 


Anywho, I still haven't acquired the needed motivation to get upstairs. And last night it took me forever to fall asleep due to the million things going through my head regarding what we still haven't done to prepare for the baby. I need to make a needs list so we don't end up buying everything at once and completely breaking the bank. I also need to find a sofa bed so we can get our stuff moved upstairs already. And (gulp) I need to start organizing the upstairs so that there will even be room for all that stuff. Oh how I need the motivation fairy. It doesn't help that we're still having these 95 degree days where all I want to do is sit in front of my air conditioner. I mean really? I think fall needs to hurry up and get here. 


I got so excited yesterday in the stores seeing all the fall stuff being brought out. This year...I am def ready. 


Matt bought Klaeyton Finding Nemo and he likes it! So for the last couple of days, we've been watching Nemo instead of Cars. I'm totally ok with that :) It's hard to believe that in little over a month K will be 2! It's going by so fast. I have to plan his birthday party yet too. I'm still deciding what we're going to do...and still trying to find the cheapest way to go...why do birthday parties always end up being so expensive?


oh the joy of being an ordinary mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!