Friday, August 13, 2010

Nesting and Jumping on the Bed.

I think I've figured out the reason I can't keep up with blogging on a daily basis...well for starters I'm lazy. Not like lazy like I sit on my couch all day, but lazy like it takes effort to think about what I'm going to write and every time I start to click on that bookmark at the top of my screen, I talk myself out of it. But sitting here in my glider (thanks to Nana and Papa Harden) in Klaeyton's newly organized and extremely clean room, I can smell freshly cut grass (not ours, we're so terrible about mowing the grass regularly) and I just feel like it's a perfect time to write. 


Yesterday my nesting kicked in. I'm determined to get the house in order before Julyiet gets here. I started with K.s room. What a mess. This child has so much stuff. He doesn't need any more toys for like ever. Anywho... I went through everything, got some more bins to organize, and threw a bunch of stuff out. I even went through all his clothes and yanked stuff that's too small or that he never wears. I moved stuff around and put his new town rug on the floor. It looks so much better and I can actually walk through his room without stepping on toys. Bliss. 


My next project is to start the upstairs, which I can do once we get an ac unit up there. I've told myself not to expect to get it all done overnight. It's a process and it will get done :)


One of Klaeyton's new favorite activities is playing on our bed. He loves to jump on it and wrestle and roll around. He'll just laugh and laugh. I need to get a video of it. Sometimes I think he's disappointed if it's just me, because he can't jump all over me like he does Matt. But when I watch the two of them together my whole body smiles. You can just see how much they love each other. It's a feeling only a wife and mother can know. 


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!