Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Love Being A Mom (In the Ninja Turtle Voice)

Today marked the first day or nice weather here in Northern Ohio. I would post some pictures, but haven't put them on the computer yet. It has been a productive day so far. 


But before I venture into all that we have done, I should mention my minor emotional breakdown earlier this week. I woke up Tuesday morning with my to-do list ready to go, which consisted of a staff meeting, other work for church, a ton of school work and of course the daily doings of having the two kiddos. Well half way through my first cup of coffee, my dry heaving spell began. And sadly, it didn't go away. I had to call out of my meeting and park myself on the couch with a temperamental infant and a demanding two-year old. Needless to say, I kind of lost it. I spent a lot of time crying and praying and came to a very difficult decision of withdrawing from school. Thankfully the director of the department was beyond understanding. I don't believe that I'm quitting, just rather post-poning. 


I wear a lot of hats and play many roles and sadly I think everything was suffering because of my anxiety over school. Right now, the most important thing I am is a wife and a mom and I'm totally ok with that. I know that even my work with the church was suffering and I just don't want that. There will be plenty of time for school. There's so much more I could say on this subject, but if you really want to know more, just ask :)


Because I really want to get into my day with the kids today. Klaeyton helped me clean the house. He wiped down walls and doors and even took stuff upstairs for me. We ran some errands and he was so good. We went to the park and tested out the sit-n-stand stroller I found at the resale....ummm totally awesome :) He talked my ear off the whole time and it was so nice to be outside. When we came back to the house I let him venture out back.  I busted out his power wheels jeep and attempted to pick up six months worth of dog poop, which was yeah uh totally disgusting. I wonder...can you hire someone to do that?


Anywho...it's been a fantastic day and a reminder to me of how much I absolutely love being a mom :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!