Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Birth Story of Julyiet Luella :)



She made her debut on Wednesday, December 8 at 12:45 p.m. Here is the story of the birth of our Julyiet Luella :)


Let's see, well I guess it started on Monday the 6th when I went to see the midwives and begged Darla to strip my membranes. She explained to me that it wasn't a guarantee and that it would hurt but I insisted. She also told me if it was going to work it would take 24-48 hours. I wanted that baby out ;) so I was ok with that. That was in the afternoon. 


Well Tuesday I had some cramping in the morning, which I knew was normal and nothing special. I went to my staff meeting and didn't have any luck having any contractions. Well on the way home I had one, and it was different. I could tell. It just felt different. And I knew. Well I went home and Matt and I started timing them, and yay they were actually consistent! We started making arrangements for Klaeyton and I called the midwives. We went to the hospital at about 4:30. Unfortunately, triage became my semi-permanent home. The nurses told me I was progressing too slow and were tempted to send me home. Darla decided to come in and check things out at about 9 p.m. She said I was making progress it was just so slow. It was nice though how she explained all the options and really told me what was going on. Finally, after more walking and waiting I was a little over 5 cm dilated and J had moved down some so Darla decided to admit me. 


This is def not the most flattering picture of me, especially with those black socks on :)

When I was admitted, Darla decided that we would attempt to break my water to hopefully speed things up. Darla tried but no success. And well...J decided to move back up so we stopped trying in fear that the cord would come down first and cause complications. So we waited some more and with no luck decided to pump in some pitocin. At that point it was about 3:30 am. I couldn't really move out of the bed once they started the pitocin because I had to be hooked up to the monitor and I was actually surprised that the contractions weren't unbearable yet. Unfortunately by about 6 am there wasn't much change in dilation but the contractions were getting painful so I opted for the epidural. I got it around 7 am and have to admit I don't remember it being that painful being put in (when I got it with Klaeyton, I was already in so much pain). Darla told me that the epidural could either speed things up or slow things down so we were hoping it wouldn't delay me even further. 

Darla went off call around 8 and Katie came in. Oh how I love Katie. At this point I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't even lift my legs. When I had Klaeyton I could still feel the pressure of my contractions and could even move my legs. Not this time. It was kinda nice :) I was getting a pretty hefty amount of pitocin and it was causing my contractions to go a little haywire. So Katie decided to lower the dosage and then amp it back up to see if that would help get them back to being consistent. Fortunately, it did. And by 11 a.m. J had moved back down to where it was safe to break my water. Katie broke my water at 11:30 when I was still only 6 cm. At around 12:20 I thought I felt the urge to push so I asked the nurse to check me. Sure enough I was 10 cm and ready to go. So we prepared for birth :) My mom, Matt and Katie all stayed and I think I pushed for maybe ten minutes and there she was. I was told she super maned out arm first.

Julyiet weighed 7 lbs 3 oz and was 19 inches long. She is absolutely perfect. God has blessed us with another beautiful child and we couldn't be happier.


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!