Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Ten List for Thursday :)

1. I won't lie. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Having two kids is a whole lot harder than just having one. Even if Julyiet is just a newborn, having two of them makes having just Klaeyton look like cake. I can't even remember what I did with my time before I had any kids. 


2. With that being said, I'm re-learning how to prioritize my tasks throughout the day. And I'm getting used to having to force myself to slow down and enjoy the little moments. 


3. I make sure to take time to snuggle with both Klaeyton and Julyiet and to remember that they won't be this age forever. 


4. I've learned that if I have time to do the dishes and laundry that's fantastic, but if I don't the world isn't going to end. And that if my body is tired and telling me to slow down, I had better listen. What good am I to my kids if I'm utterly exhausted from doing household chores?


5. Grr. This is the second day in a row that Klaeyton wouldn't nap. Um. Yeah. Totally not ready for no nap yet. 


6. Today Matt and I have been married two years. I love that man. How did I get so blessed to be given someone so wonderful?


7. The whole nursing thing is going better than a week ago. It's definitely harder the second time around, especially since K knows I can't chase him out the cupboards or anything else he decides to get into. Plus I think I just have more going on this time, where with K I had all the time in the world to sit around and nurse him. I find myself trying to multitask while I nurse her. I have to force myself to just relax and enjoy it. 


8. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and somehow I managed to get everything done in about 2 days. I wanted to wait until we got J's pictures done before getting things together. I didn't get to do everything I wanted, but pretty close. I'll be posting a Merry Christmas from the Hardens either tomorrow or Saturday :) The holiday cards we go made are awesome. 


9. I think I am definitely sick and tired of watching The Grinch and Frosty :)


10. I know I'm forgetting something I wanted to write about, but I also know it's because Klaeyton decided to not nap and come out of his room bouncing off the walls.  :) Maybe I'll remember later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!