Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cheesy Chicken Skillet and Cinnamon Scones :)

The sad part is...I really want to blog every day, I just don't have the time anymore. Go figure. 


Anywho, as part of a new year's resolution, we've been trying new recipes out and I've been cooking more. Here's another one we've decided to add to our recipe box :) I have to say it's one of my favorites now :) I found it online on the Kraft website. You can view it here.


Cheesy Chicken Skillet

What you need:
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1   green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
1 can  (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup water
1 pkg.  (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner

What you do:
* cook the chicken in a large skillet, then throw in the green pepper and onion and cook for a few minutes. I threw in a bunch of different seasonings. Don't let the veggies get soft though.
* Throw in tomatoes with juice, water and macaroni.
* Bring to a boil, then cover and cook until macaroni is tender and most of the juice is gone. 
* Mix cheese in!

Voila :) I loved that this recipe was super easy. Matt and Klaeyton both loved it. 

I also made cinnamon scones yesterday morning, but didn't take any pictures or anything. I found the recipe on Money Saving Mom and I didn't really deviate from it at all. They were awesome and she should get all the credit. So you can view that recipe here

Oh the joys of being a mom :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!