Saturday, January 15, 2011

Intellectual Brain Usage

What a crazy week we've had. Katie is home safe from the hospital and is making a good recovery. :) I started school Wednesday...which is mostly what this post is about. 


I graduated from Berea in May 2008. So I've been out of school for 2 1/2 years. I thought my brain was turning to mush. Don't get me wrong, being a mom requires plenty of brain usage. But it's a certain kind of brain usage. I can whip up a grocery list while nursing an infant and scolding a two year old for climbing on the table, all without breaking a mental sweat. I can remember what to pack for a whole day for both kids, myself and Matt. I can sing and snuggle my little man, all while prioritizing my to-do list in my head for the next day. Trust me, you def use your brain as a mom. 


But after listening to two lectures and studying notes for my quiz (which I got 100% on :), I felt like I was using my brain again. In a more intellectual way of course. It felt amazing. And it felt right. Like I was doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. And I know this totally makes me a nerd, but I actually look forward to school work each day. 


I think being out of school for awhile and becoming a wife and mother have given me more of an appreciation for using your brain in an intellectual way. Who would have thought?


Oh the joy of being a nerdy mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!