Tomato Bean and Noodle Soup
I found this recipe in my All You magazine, but I tweaked it a tad bit by adding meat and changing the noodle type, and I added more pasta. I named it Bean and Noodle Tomato Soup because Klaeyton kept asking for more beans and then more noodles. I was weary but it came out tasting fantastic!
Here's the recipe:
* 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
* 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes (I used one can that had basil and oregano in it)
* 28 oz chicken broth
* 1/2 cup pasta (I used almost a cup and a half because we love pasta :)
* 1 15 oz can white kidney beans
* salt and pepper
* 1 1lb hamburger meat
* I cooked the hamburger meat first and just set it aside
* Warm oil in large saucepan, add the garlic and cook for a couple minutes; add oregano and stir.
* Add tomatoes with juice and chicken broth and bring to a boil (I think it would be good to add the meat here, I waited though)
* Add pasta and stir. Cook until pasta is cooked and then stir in the beans (after you drain and rinse them) and this is where I stirred in the meat.
* Heat until everything is warm through and then season with salt and pepper. I also used Lawry's seasoning salt.
Klaeyton loved it and Matt said it was pretty good too and he's not a tomato soup fan so I'll count this one a success :)