Monday, January 3, 2011

My House Plan for 2011

So I really want to work on the house this year, but I know I need a plan. So this is it, my plan for the house :) Each month we'll be focusing on a different part which will include organizing, getting rid of things we don't need and obtaining things we do (i.e. bookshelves, storage totes). Plus I want to use these opportunities to do things like put new fabric on our dining room chairs. 


January- This month we aren't focusing on anything major because we are about to take a trip (me for school, and then we're going to Ky to see the other Hardens :) plus we have to do some things with the cars. 
February/March- These two months will be devoted to the upstairs. I started this project months ago but have been slacking. I'm setting a deadline. :)
April- The bathroom :) I'm excited about this one. I need to re-caulk our bathtub and put shelves up for sure. 
May- The back yard, oh yeah gotta get it ready for the kiddos :) 
June- The front yard, it kind of looks like a jungle, and maybe this year we'll mow our grass more than three times ;)
July- The basement, oh boy does it need cleaned out. The good news is that most of the stuff down there will head straight to the trash. 
August- The kitchen. I really do want some more cabinets. 
September- The living room/dining room. hmm. it would be nice to paint ;)
October- Klaeyton's room. I just purged his room but I figure about birthday time it will need it again. 
November- Jules' room. She'll be getting ready to turn one and I'll be ready to get her room ready for toddlerhood :)
December- Month off! :) We'll be celebrating our success :)


Before each month starts I'll be making more in depth plans for each room, probably setting a goal for each week. 


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom...and homemaker :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!