Monday, June 7, 2010

Chasing Feathers



So I've actually started keeping notes in my iPhone of things I want to remember to blog about. That should tell you something about how there is never a dull moment in the Harden household. 


On Saturday morning I took Klaeyton to the library and then to the beach. I needed to renew my library card and I figured K would love to pick out books. Oh I was so right. He loved it! He didn't want to leave when I tried wrangling him back into the stroller, but once I gave him a book to hold onto he was perfectly content. I'm thinking there will def be more library trips in the future :) Oh how I love the library. 






The beach was quite the adventure. It took us almost twenty minutes just to walk to our spot because K kept whining about the sand and I refused to carry him due to the fact that my arms were already full of beach toys, a blanket, towels, snacks, and of course the camera. Eventually, we got our own little station set up on the beach, and we were pretty much alone since it was so early. I soon discovered Klaeyton's favorite activity was to use his shovel to put sand on the blanket, so it didn't serve much of a purpose . I tried to get him to put his feet in the water and after lots of attempts I was successful. He's still a little intimidated but he enjoyed himself.     





There were a few instances that I wanted to be sure to remember: there were plenty of pelicans on the beach and Klaeyton was fascinated with them. After initially calling them dogs for awhile, he eventually realized I kept calling them birds. He loved to chase them around the beach and it was quite a sight to see since we were so alone and K looked so little running around after these birds. At one point he spent a good five minutes chasing a feather that he couldn't quite seem to catch. He would stumble in the sand (probably since he was only wearing one shoe) and it would flutter just out of his reach. He did finally catch it and the look of triumph on his face was priceless. 


It truly was a beautiful experience for the both of us. 










Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!