Monday, June 7, 2010

The Chucking of a Spoon

I wanted to tell this story in a separate blog because the tone is a little different from my beach story. Last night Matt, Klaeyton and I went to Applebees for dinner. Now, a little background info on us going out to eat. We do it a little more than we should, but 9 times out of 10 we take Klaeyton. I'm a firm believer that you have to take a toddler out in public in order to teach him/her how to act when not at home. Klaeyton normally does a pretty good job. We have the occasional yelling outburst and of course the putting of food on the floor because he thinks the restaurant dog is going to come by and clean it up, but so far we haven't had any of those mortifying embarrassing moments that every parent has. That is, until last night. 


Out of nowhere, K chucks his spoon across the aisle and hits the table next to us. It was two ladies and a girl about 9 or 10 and I'm pretty sure my face went beet red in a matter of milliseconds. Matt was on the phone and immediately hung up on whoever he was talking to in order to retrieve the spoon. All we could think of to do was to excessively apologize. The lady was so nice about it and just thought Klaeyton was so cute. After the embarrassment faded I began to thank God that I have one cute child, and then my mind wandered to....what happens when ugly kids throw spoons in restaurants?


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!