Thursday, June 3, 2010

Father and Son With a Coupon Twist

We've been fortunate enough to have Matt home the last couple of evenings. Normally it's just me and K and we go through our bedtime routine with just the two of us, but the last couple  of nights, Matt has been able to do it with us, and last night...I shoved him off on his own so that I could get myself ready to sleep. But I found it wasn't as easy as I had expected. As Matt sat on Klaeyton's rug and read stories with him, I just couldn't help but peek in to watch and listen. It was just so nice to see them together. Father and son. I secretly listened as Matt read Goodnight Moon to K and I smiled to myself knowing how blessed I am to have them both. 


So...on a complete change of tone, I spent my morning scouring the internet for coupons since I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow. And SCORE! www.couponmom.com is my new best friend. I clipped about $15 in coupons on stuff that we already eat! You know sometimes you buy something just because you have a great coupon for it, well not this time. It makes me even more excited to write out my grocery list. 


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!