Wednesday, June 2, 2010

From Baby To Toddler

Sometimes I wonder if I should put more thought and care into each blog I write. You know, to make it witty and comical and interesting to read. But then I remember the real reason I write them...so that I can look back on my moments as a mom and remember the feelings I get when my toddler drives me crazy and melts my heart at the same time. And that's when I don't care so much. 


It's amazing the growth I can see in Klaeyton each day. Little things, like when I dress him and he knows exactly where to put his arms. He knows how to put his shoes on, even if he struggles and gets mad because he can't do it perfectly.  He's insistent on eating with utensils even if he knows it takes him longer than using his fingers.


He babbles and babbles and most of what he says I can't understand at all, so we spend a lot of time having conversations that really aren't understandable. I'm thinking now may be a good time to learn some new signs. He's begun some two word sentences. Mostly, "I sit" or "My shoes" or "My milk." I do find it interesting that he uses "I" and "My" And he'll say the first sound of almost any word you read to him which is awesome. 


I love to sit and secretly watch him play in the backyard. It makes me wonder what's going on in that little head of his. I can see his emotions just blooming, from pride to utter frustration, in which we are trying to teach him to sign for help rather than scream and lash out when he can't get something just the way he wants it. 


K is almost 20 months old. That's not far from 2 years. I can hardly believe it. My baby is pretty much a full fledged toddler. 


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!