Monday, September 6, 2010

Mexi Chicken Bake

If you know anything about me, you know that Sunday is actually the start of my work week, hence why there was no blog yesterday. 


But... I wanted to share a quick and easy dinner that I came up with and tested out (again) on friends of ours last night. 


You need:
Baking pan (I use a 13 by 9 glass pan)
1-2 lbs boneless chicken tenders (depending on how many people you're feeding)
1 can chili ready tomatoes (drain)
1 small jar of salsa
1 can black beans (drain)
1 can corn (drain)


shredded cheese
sour cream
rice


I put my oven on 375 and put the meat and all the top stuff in the pan. I cover and cook until the chicken is done. 


Make the rice and pour mixture over top and add some cheese and sour cream. Voila! So easy and so good. You could probably spice it up a bit with spices and seasonings but I found the salsa and chili tomatoes are good if you don't like handling spices :) 


It also reheats really well. We learned, though that it might be a better meal with corn chips than rice for little kids. At least that way if you don't have a dog, you aren't cleaning up rice off the floor. Unless of course your toddlers don't throw their food on the floor ;)


Oh the joy of being an ordinary mom (and cook apparently :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with me!